Thursday, March 8, 2012

Geeking Out

I think it is healthy for everyone to "geek out" every once in a while.  You know what I mean.  To simply take some time to explore or experience something that you find very interesting, even if others might disagree.  For me, that is reading/watching/experiencing science fiction and comics.  I've been a collector of Amazing Spider-Man comics for many years, and I've attended my share of Comic Cons (never in costume, however, that's not my style).  I also really enjoy science fiction films and books, and just last year I started collecting Star Wars Galaxy cards (nerd alert).  I haven't collected cards of any kind since I was much, much, younger, but being a Star Wars fan, I was intrigued by the excellent art depicted on the cards.  I consider myself a pretty "skilled" person, but art has never been one of those skills.  So, I'm amazed at what these amazing artists can do with pen, pencil, marker, and paint.  Their love for what they do is evident in their artistry, and I hope that my love for education and science is just as visible in what I do on a daily basis.

A few nights ago I had the opportunity to geek out with a few packs of Star Wars Galaxy cards.  It was an incredibly relaxing and enjoyable experience.  While we all might geek out in different ways, we all need to spend time doing the things we truly love (as nerdy or geeky as they might be) to recharge our batteries, exercise our minds, and feed our souls.  Whether we want to admit it or not, we all need to embrace our inner geek.

If you're interested in seeing the results of my latest geek session, check out the Star Wars Galaxy video review and pack break I put together: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zBYIlpC65o

No comments:

Post a Comment