Sunday, October 5, 2014

Quote-A-Day: Day 279

Sometimes, it is just as important to say it without words, as it to say it with them. #QuoteADay #Day279 #edchat #edu #Lead #Learn

So, I'm taking a fifteen minute breather while my youngest takes a nap and before I start putting up new shades in my oldest's bedroom (just another Sunday :) ).

I opened up the main section of the New York Times and saw this ad from Nest:



It made me think, "How many times have we come across a situation where it was more powerful for us (and more important) to get an idea across without words?"

If you're like me, the answer to that question is "Many times."

Often we can make a case with fewer words, or none at all.  After all, our actions are important, our words may not be.

With that in mind, I'm going to take my quote's own advice and stop here.  Hopefully this post is as capable of making you think as some of the longer ones I've written.

Remember, the number of words never equals the power of the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment