Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Quote-A-Day: Day 295


I grumbled a bit this morning. 

I woke up, and it was pitch black out (not abnormal at this time of year), and when I was packing the kids up to take them off to school, it was still pretty dark.

I’m a sunlight type of guy, and when the fall and winter start to come, and it gets dark earlier and light later, it can be tough for me to keep my positivity going.

So this morning, when I got to work, I took a few minutes to think about a bunch of great things that are going on in my life right now. 

Only about two minutes.  That’s it.

And, despite the chilly conditions, and the somewhat dark environs, I felt pretty good.

It’s amazing what a little positivity can do for us. 

Imagine how much it can do for others if we start our day by throwing a bit of positivity their way. 
Leaders need to be positive in all that do with their charges.  Sure leaders can be sad, disappointed, depressed, and all the other range of negative emotions.  But when it comes to interacting with those we serve, we need to turn the positivity on. 

Leaders should inspire and bring hope to those they work with at all times.  Leaders should never bring others down.

Yesterday, I had an interaction with one of my staff members where I answered a question with a response that was more negative than I intended.  I automatically saw the shift in his face and knew I should have rethought what I said.  And, the worst part is, I may have negatively impacted his day as well.


We all need to keep it positive as we go about our work.  Everyone is depending on us to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment