Saturday, March 8, 2014

Quote-A-Day: Day 67

Laugh by yourself and feel good. Laugh with others and feel great.

Over the last few days I've had a number of opportunities to do some great laughing.  We all need to laugh more.  The world is a serious place, and leaders often wear the weight of multiple worlds on their shoulders.

Whether with others or by ourselves, laughter is a mind and body healer.  We can use laughter to forget our troubles while also using it to strengthen relationships.

While laughing alone can buoy our spirits, laughing with others solidifies the bonds that are needed for true community.  With so many struggles in the world today, interjecting humor into our learning and leading is a necessity.  Humans  (and many other species) have the capacity to laugh; it's truly natural to do so.

Leading and learning is an intense job.  It requires a sound mind, quick reflexes, and a stone resolve.  Why not help the body and mind recharge with a bit of laughter?

As a random aside, my wife just told me to google "The Fox Song" and watch it as I worked on this post.  Though I cringed more than I laughed, I certainly had a few chuckles.  And that's a good thing.  Feel free to watch, but be warned, it's weird: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE&feature=kp.  

No comments:

Post a Comment