Thursday, March 20, 2014

Quote-A-Day: Day 79

We must turn over a new leaf from time-to-time. Just don't turn over so many that we can't recognize the tree.

I'm the first to admit I'm wrong from time-to-time.  Okay, maybe I'm wrong quite a bit.  And, there have been times in my life where I've learned that I need to make major changes in the way I do things.  Let's face it, we all have to start fresh every once in a while.

Leaders need to do this too.  A leader might be expected to know the right things to do all the time, but that is an unrealistic expectation.  We all make mistakes, even the best of us (and I'm far from that, believe me).

So, we need to be prepared to change habits and behaviors while still keeping true to ourselves.

The key, though, is to make sure we don't change so often that those who we have relationships with (either personal or professional) can't tell who we are or what we stand for.  There are times where we need to take a stand, and despite the push back, hold true to certain ideals.

No one is perfect, and no one really can be.  But, we can be dependable and trustworthy, and part of that stems from, in some ways, being partially predictable.  If we change too often, or too quickly, it can be near impossible for those around us to tell who we we really are, and what we really stand for.  And in those cases, then, all that change may really have been for naught.

No comments:

Post a Comment