Sunday, April 27, 2014

Quote-A-Day: Day 117

Life's job is to throw you . Your job is to hit them out of the park.

I'm not a tremendous baseball fan, but you have to admire a sport that has so many great analogies for life.

Nothing about life is meant to be easy.  In fact, the curve balls that life throws our way should be swung at, rather than stepped away from.  Sometimes I think we expect life to throw us floaters, or meatballs that we can hit without a second thought.

But, that would make the game of life quite a bit less interesting.

I'm at the start of (potentially) embarking on a professional activity that I have dreamed about for many years.  I'm still not sure what will come of it, but if I do decide to give it a go (and just as importantly if I'm given the position in the "batting rotation"), I'll be trying to fit it between a family I love deeply, and a job I feel the same about.

And yet, I'm extremely excited for this (potential) opportunity.  Rather than run from this curve ball, I'm stepping up to the plate, taking my stance, and getting ready to swing.

I imagine if this opportunity does present itself, I'll be writing quite a bit about it in the coming months.

But, for now, I'm ready to embrace life's new challenges.

Whether I strike out, or hit it out of the park, at least I'm getting ready to take a swing.  We all should do the same, whenever we get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment