Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Quote-A-Day: Day 1

Happy New Year!  I'm embarking on my challenge in between feeding my youngest daughter and likely playing with my oldest.  It seems the biggest challenge may be finding the time to think up a quote. :)  Here's today's (complete with hashtags):

Embrace your .  Without them we would never know failure, and therefore would never know true  

This quote seems appropriate being that we often attribute regrets and fresh starts with a new year.  Many like to talk about the benefit of having "no regrets."  However, I don't see things that way.  Regrets should be helpful, as decisions that we deem "bad" or providing results different from what we hope for allow us to reflect and make changes that will take us closer to success.

As far as I'm concerned, we should welcome regrets, as long as we use them to better ourselves and the world around us.  I'm happy to say I have a few regrets in life, and imagine I'll amass quite a few more.  I'm even happier to say that for many of these, I've used what I've learned to grow as a leader, a learner, and a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment