Saturday, January 18, 2014

Quote-A-Day: Day 18

I prefer wrong answers to right ones. With a wrong answer, you've got a guaranteed opportunity to learn more.    

To dispel a rumor, there is such a thing as a wrong answer.  But, wrong answers, in my opinion anyway, are many times more useful than right ones, and much more desirable to boot.

I don't mind being wrong.  In fact, I welcome it.  After all, when I learn that I'm wrong that means I have work to do to find that answer (or answers) that are right, and that means an ample opportunity to take my learning further.

While I'm also quite happy to be correct, the challenge there is that sometimes simple "correctness" puts an end to that specific quest for knowledge.  It's often more sad for me to close the book on an investigation than to have taken the wrong turn and be left trying to figure out how to get back.

Life is all about searching for answers, and as far as I'm concerned, oftentimes finding the wrong one is more of a victory than locating the one that is "correct."

No comments:

Post a Comment