Saturday, August 16, 2014

Quote-A-Day: Day 228

Whether leader or learner, we all need to showcase pride in our work. Always.  #QuoteADay #Day228 #edchat #ASCDL2L

I’m feeling very proud today.  And, the pride that I’m feeling is tied to a huge accomplishment I’ve made.
I’ve been toying with the idea of writing a book for a long time.

Yesterday, I finally submitted the book proposal.

The fact is, while I truly hope I get the opportunity to write the entire book and that it eventually winds up being published, I also understand that I need to feel good about the fact that I put together a proposal.  It’s always a great feeling when we’ve met a milestone we’ve created for ourselves, especially when those milestones don’t “have” to be met (after all, there was no requirement for this book proposal to be written and/or submitted).

And yet, regardless of how large the milestone we meet is, or how many people even know it is a milestone, it is still important to take pride in the work that we complete, if for no other reason than it spurs us to continue challenging ourselves as time goes on.

We don’t live in a vacuum, and we don’t have to “pretend” that we aren’t excited when good things happen to people.  Why not be excited four ourselves (and others), when a feat is accomplished?
Pride is a great motivator, and it really feels good. 


We should welcome emotions in both our professional and personal lives that leave us feeling like superheroes and heroines, even if just for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment