Sunday, July 6, 2014

Quote-A-Day: Day 187

When we require ourselves to do what we dislike, we become better able to identify the things we really love.

This is going to be an interesting week for me.  There are a number of items on the agenda that I'm not particularly happy to be doing, as important as they are.  Some of them simply can't be put off any longer, and others have to be done, simply because they do.

I'm not a big fan of anything having to be "forced" (after all if you want to build capacity, you can't force it to happen).  But, I also recognize the fact that there are some tasks which must be completed, and these tasks won't complete themselves, like it or not.

One of the best parts about doing the tasks you don't like to do is that it further emphasizes the power of doing the work that you love.  In other words, completing the items that we dislike makes us better able to truly differentiate them from those we can't get enough of.

So, while I'm not looking forward to some aspects of this week, I'm excited that simply completing these less than stellar tasks will get me even more geared up for the summer work that I'm truly looking forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment