Sunday, July 20, 2014

Quote-A-Day: Day 201

"Can't" is simply "Can," just spelled incorrectly.

Too often we let "can't" get in the way of doing things.

We tend to think we're less capable than we really are.  And there is a danger to that, a danger that exists when we think we can't really do something (and we haven't yet tried).

Whereas failure, the act of not succeeding at something that we've tried, is actually just the first step towards later success, giving up without trying, saying "I can't do this," is an admission of surrender, something that no leader should ever really do.

So, I challenge you (and myself, really) to not allow "can't" to enter the vocabulary that we use.  And before we use that word, we should think of it as "can," just misspelled, and in need of a grammar fix.

Let's all vow to each other that we'll never hold back from giving something a try, and instead of saying, "I can't do this," let's all say, "I can do this soon," or "I can do this with the help of others."

Because in reality, there really isn't anything we can't do.

No comments:

Post a Comment