Monday, September 8, 2014

Quote-A-Day: Day 252

It's always okay to be wrong, as long as you admit when you are. #QuoteADay #Day252 #edchat #edu #ASCDL2L

I tend to be wrong a lot.  My last “wrong” scenario was in predicting who in our Fantasy Football league would do well yesterday.  Not a big deal, I know.  But, it speaks to a point.  We’re never as right as we tend to believe we are.

Since I had spent a small portion of the day yesterday talking trash with league mates (very lite trash, after all, the season has just begun J), this morning I left a message with some league owners that I was wrong in my predictions, and I then congratulated one of the people who I had predicted would have a bad week.  In fact, this person’s team has already outscored mine. J 

The important point is that we always make sure that we’re willing and able to admit when we’re wrong, and that we actually take pride in the fact that this can happen.

At the same time, we have to make sure that our wrongs can be righted.  While most incorrect statements or actions are reversible, some can never be overturned.  We need to make sure that we do our homework and stay true to ourselves to make sure we don’t find ourselves in positions where we’ve wronged a little too much.


I’m proud to say I’m wrong, and wrong often.  It’s a trait of mine that keeps me remembering that I don’t know it all, and I never will.  And that’s a great thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment