Monday, September 22, 2014

Quote-A-Day: Day 266

Doesn't matter how far you've come, or how far you've gone, the path to getting better never ends. #QuoteADay #Day266 #edchat #edu #ASCDL2L

I’ve been thinking a lot lately about the path towards always getting better.  Besides becoming a better educator and leader (which is always a work in progress), I’m constantly trying to become a better person.  And, truth be told, it isn’t easy.

As humans, we struggle regularly with the “right thing to do.”  We try to put others first while remembering that we need to take care of ourselves.  We push to make everyone’s needs a priority, without forgetting that not everything can be a priority at the same time.  And, we do our best to make sure that the impact we have on others is more positive than it is negative.

I would like to think that I’m an effective educator.  But, I realize that I have miles and miles to travel before I feel as if I’m as effective as I can be (and don’t tell myself this, but, I don’t think I’ll ever get there).


Learning is a journey, just as life is.  We embark on a path that we know we’ll never get to the end of.  And yet, during our short time on that path, we must do whatever we can to soak up as much learning as we can, and by the same token, pay that learning forward to others, so that they might get a bit further down their respective pathways than we did ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment